Saturday, 9 November 2013

A Few Nice References

A Few Nice References

I had a difficult time trying to figure out what to write about this week. I decided to share a couple of references that I've found quite useful (and that I'm hoping to have time using).
Street name: CLRS
  • Written by 4 MIT computer science professors, this is one of the best references for studying algorithms. This (fairly large) book teaches you about the foundations of algorithms, sorting, data structures, advanced design and analysis techniques, advanced data structures, graph algorithms, and even some interesting special topics. This book is definitely worth the $90 you spend. (http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/introduction-algorithms)



  • Another book that I really want to start reading is Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach. This book is one of the most widely used books on the topic of AI. If you guys are also interested in artificial intelligence, U of T has an amazingly large number of AI course for undergraduates. (http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/)




  • Time for a few cool websites. These websites all have amazing tutorials in so many different topics (and some of them not only in CS).
    • Udacity.com:  This website has all CS tutorials. Web design, algorithms, AI, ... I've started taking the parallel programming course, and I have to say, the videos are very well made. There are also mini quizzes throughout the lectures that help grasp the topic.
    •  edX: All the best universities put up free courses on this website. Anything from psychology at Harvard, to electrical at MIT. One course that I highly recommend is MIT's introduction to electrical engineering.

No comments:

Post a Comment